Rosh Hashanah 2016:Rosh Hashanah 2016 will start on September 13th and will end on September 15th. Rosh Hashanah is known as the Jewish New Year and it is celebrated every year in the month of September or October. The Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur dates are decided as per the Hebrew calendar 2016.
The actual Jewish calendar begins right after the sundown before the night. Therefore, all the Jewish New Year holidays are observed right after the sundown every year.
When is Rosh Hashanah 2016:
As said earlier that Rosh Hashanah 2016 will begin on September 13th and the last date for the new year will be the 15th September, all the Jewish people are excited to celebrate the new year. Originally, the name of the holiday according to the bible is Yom Teruah and it is also known as Feast of Trumpets. This holiday is considered to be the first high holi days of the Jewish calendar.
History of Rosh Hashanah:
Rosh Hashanah 2016 is known as a reference to Day of Judgment. This day is known for the creation of anniversary of Adam and Eve. They are the first man and woman who realized the humanity’s role in the God world. And that’s the reason why Rosh Hashanah is celebrated every year, mainly as a Jewish new year. Happy Rosh Hashanah is celebrated mainly by Jewish people by eating some of the symbolic foot items such as apple and that too dipped in honey. This indicates their sweet new year too.
Rosh Hashanah Prayers and Blessings:As the day of the new year in Jewish is celebrated especially to pray the almighty, there are many prayers that are made in Rosh Hashanah 2016. Here are some of the prayers for Rosh Hashanah:
1. Blessed are you, Lord, our God, sovereign of the universe
2. Praise to You, Adonai our God, Sovereign of the universe, Creator of the fruit of the vine.
3. Praise to You, Adonai our God, Sovereign of the universe, who has chosen us from all the peoples, hallowing us with mitzvot. In Your love, Adonai our God, You have given us this Day of Remembrance, to hear the sound of the Shofar, to unite in worship, and to recall the Exodus from Egypt. For You have chosen us from all the peoples, consecrating us to Your service, and Your word is truth eternal. Praised is the Sovereign God, Sovereign of all the world, who hallows the House of Israel and the Day of Remembrance.
4. Blessed are You, Adonai our God, Sovereign of the Universe Who makes us holy
with Your mitzvot and commands us to kindle the lights of the Sabbath and the holiday.
5. Blessed are You, Adonai our God, Sovereign of the Universe,
Who has granted us life, Who has sustained us,
and Who has enabled us to reach this festive occasion.
Happy Rosh Hashanah:
Praise to You, Adonai our God, Sovereign of the universe, for giving us life, for sustaining us, and for enabling us to reach this season.
These are some of the Happy Rosh Hashanah 2016. We hope that you loved it and share it with your loved ones too. Happy Rosh Hashanah and have fun!